Damask woven labels:The most popular type of woven labels are damask woven labels. It is made up of polyester yarns. Damask can weave fine details and is very soft against the skin. There are two types of damask woven labels, 100 denier damask and 50 denier damask. 50 denier damask woven label has the higher density, greater details and softer hand feeling than 100 denier damask woven label. There is a maximum of 12 colors for damask woven labels. The amount of colors in your label also affects price. You can do any size label you want, but size over a certain point does change the price.
Satin woven labels:The difference between satin woven label and damask woven label is satin does not weave small details and lettering and the only colors available for the background are white, off-white, and black, BUT satin woven label has a vintage look and it is soft and shiny. If you are making vintage inspired clothing or accessories, satin would be a good fit. It’s also great for infant apparel.
Taffeta woven labels:Taffeta is the most economical woven label available and is priced lower than damask or satin. Taffeta label is not as sturdy as the other woven labels, but if you are looking for a nice, inexpensive label to put on the side of bags, hats, scarves, etc., taffeta woven labels could be perfect for your needs. Moreover, taffeta dries very quickly, so if you produce swimsuits or towels, taffeta woven label can be a great option.
Woven Zipper Pulls:Woven Zipper pulls are a wonderful way to add flare to any garment or item that has a zipper. They can be used for advertisement or for decoration. A zipper pull is often purchased to hang on hoodies, jackets, jeans, pants, luggage, toys, purses, bedding, and other promotional items. Woven zipper pulls are a great way to identify brands or to advertise a company`s products. Whether the design is a logo, a slogan, or simply a trademark symbol, it will be all created a woven zipper pull. We will match the colors, the specified lettering, the logos, and the designs to the clients request. We offer our services to brand new companies that are just starting out as well as to large, well established companies.
Folds & Applications
When selecting woven labels, the sewing application will depend mainly on the fold (or lack thereof). Below are descriptions and charts describing the different types of folds. In some cases, your sewing contractor may charge a different price for one type of fold over another, that is, If you are not sewing these on yourself. This difference in price might play a role in your decision process.
Types of folds
- Straight cut - No fold. Straight cut labels are usually sewn on all 4 sides, the top, or on left and right side only. There is No extra charge for this type of fold.
- End Fold - Folded down on the left and right side. They are applied the same way as straight cut labels, but have a softer edge. Sewing contractors may charge more for working with an end fold, so please consult with them before making your final decision. Cruz Label does not charge extra for this fold.
- Center Fold - Folded in the middle and usually sewn into a seam. Center fold labels can also be used for sleeve and hem labels. Cruz Label does not add an extra charge for this fold, unless label is over-sized or very small before fold.
- Miter Fold - The ends are folded under and up, creating a tab to be sewn into a seam. This fold does require an extra charge. Please contact one of our sales professionals to learn more about Woven Labels with a miter fold.
- Manhattan Fold - Similar to a centerfold label, except the top of the label is folded down, creating a flap to tuck the bottom fold into. This type of fold does requires an extra charge.